“20.7% of Filipino children under 5 years old are undernourished.” - Source: World Health Statistics 2013, World Health Organization
It has often been said that children are the hope of the future. Operation Blessing (OB) is doing its part to nurture children by upholding their rights to basic needs, such as food, healthcare, education, and even play and recreation.
Operation Blessing’s Children’s Programs include:
(1) Bless-A-Child - provides nutritious meals and monthly healthcare to undernourished children, as well as free education, when applicable. This program also aims to improve parental engagement in the education and health of the children.
(2) Back-To-School - offers scholarships to underprivileged but deserving pupils by providing school fees, supplies, and uniforms.
(3) Orphan’s Promise - provides the needs of vulnerable and at-risk children.
(4) Holiday of Hope and Cheer - shows the true meaning of Christmas and Easter to orphans, indigent children, special children, children of missionaries, and dependents of soldiers from the Armed Forces of the Philippines.
(5) Happy Kids Camp - gathers children for a one to three day camp filled with games and learning activities. Operation Blessing engages the help of local churches to organize this community event during summer vacations.
For Jewel, help came at the right time through the Bless-A-Child program. Although Operation Blessing’s main concern is the well-being of our children beneficiaries, OB’s help extends to their families as well.